Interior house painting done right requires pain-staking preparation, protection, and cleanliness, not to mention professionals with meticulous attention to the details.
Murphy Bros. has developed a 6-step process over the last 30 years to ensure that your paint project is completed on time, within budget, and to your satisfaction. We'd like you to know what those steps are to make sure we are all on the same page and operating with the same set of expectations.
a transparent description of what you Can expect with Murphy Bros. on interior painting projects
Our Careful 6-Step Process
After any areas repaired in the previous step are primed, we apply premium quality paints in either a flat, matte, eggshell, satin, semi-gloss, or high-gloss, as detailed in our production plan.Details
Frequently asked questions by our clients
FAQsThe most common questions about our interior painting
- You will receive a confirmation email with the details of your project along with your Service Project Manager’s contact information.
- We will arrive between 8:00 & 8:30 a.m. with everything we need. After a short walk-through to confirm the project details, we will begin the project immediately.
- Most exterior projects can be done in 1-3 days. Interior projects vary considerably, but most rooms (4) walls can be done in a day.
- A qualified estimate based on a measure and/or prints and finish option
- Paint, labor, tools, and misc. supplies.
- Outlet cover and vent removal/reinstallation
- Site walk & measure (if necessary)
- Up to 2 hours of color and finish consult time
- Upon approval, your project is added to the schedule, and arrangements are made for a product drop-off, start, and finish date
- All minor drywall repairs are included up to a quarter in diameter. If larger repairs are needed, we will let you know the cost at that time.
We do provide for an in-home color consultation or at our finishing facility. Up to 2 hours is included with every estimate. There is an extra charge of $125 per hour for any additional time needed beyond that.
- All furniture must be moved out of the room or to the center of the room to allow for 4’ of working space on all walls. Painters are do not move furniture unless otherwise arranged. Projects that do not meet the requirements above are subject to a rescheduling fee.
- Homeowners must remove all hanging items such as pictures, posters, string lighting, curtains, and decorations. If nail or wall fasteners are to be left in place for reuse, leave them on the wall. All holes to be filled must have nails removed or be labeled for our team to remove during the project.
- If there is existing paint on ceilings or trim, we will straighten the cut-in lines to hide as much as possible, we will not remove the previous paint.
- Homeowners must make sure pets are secured.
Of course. There are 3 different ways. Call, text, or email your assigned field manager.
Please note, that a rescheduling fee of $99 will be charged if the project is rescheduled within a 72-hour window of the project start date. The rescheduling fee must be paid prior to scheduling the project.
We suggest you always keep some paint stored in a consistent (above freezing) climate for touch-ups. However, you can also turn in leftover paint cans at no cost to many participating paint stores. It’s all detailed here in our blog on dealing with old paint.
- Rescheduling Fee: A rescheduling fee of $99 will be charged if the project is rescheduled within a 72-hour window of the project start date. The rescheduling fee must be paid prior to committing to a new scheduled date for the project.
- Cancellation Fee: Free cancellation 72 hours in advance of the project start date. A cancellation fee of 10% of the contract price will be held from the initial deposit upon cancellation within the 72-hour window of the project start date.
- Shop Terms: Payment upon pickup or delivery.
- Receive prints and finish selection
- Measure and send over an estimate ( which includes up to 2 hours of color and finish consult time )
- Upon approval, arrange drop off time and approximate pickup time
- Communicate when the job will be completed
- Set up payment with delivery or pick-up